Custom Laundry CabinetryRenovating your Laundry is a great opportunity to include clever storage to make life a little easier. Whether you are working with a large room or a compact space, maximising each cabinet to suit your unique needs will mean you get the most out of your laundry regardless of size.
Custom Laundry Cabinets
- Hidden laundry hampers with dividers for different washing needs (dark/light/delicate) can reduce the time sorting clothes- Pull out drying racks or drying cupboards are great for delicates, wool, silk and other garments that are not suited to the dryer or need extra care- Adjustable shelving means you can reconfigure storage if you needs change in the future
- Drawers instead of cupboards to lower cabinets mean no more reaching to the back of the cupboard and are more user friendly
- Hanging rails are a great option particularly if you plan on using a garment steamer
- Fold out Ironing Boards with a powerpoint allow for last minute ironing
- Raising the height of the washing machine and dryer to allow for a drawer or space for a laundry basket makes front loaders more ergonomic to use and provide more storage
Depending on the space you have to work with, we recommend considering if you need a laundry trough or sink, how much bench space is needed and exactly how you use the laundry space. It is often a great idea to have a door leading outside if space and floorplan permit, with the sink positioned closer to the door. Floating Shelves in the Laundry are a great way of adding storage, particularly to smaller spaces where keeping an open and airy feel is important.
Custom Cabinetry designed for your home ensures a cohesive look that suits your style and needs. We work with a range of materials for custom cabinets including timber veneer, 2pack painted doors for the Shaker or Hamptons style Laundry, laminate and solid timber. Benchtop options can include engineered stone such as Caesarstone laundry benches, solid timber benches, porcelain, Corian and laminate benches. Our team are qualified to design and carry out the complete renovation or simply design and make beautiful cabinetry depending on your needs.